Weight Gain During Pregnancy: What To Expect & How To Keep It Under Control
When you’re pregnant, you can expect to gain weight as the baby grows. How much weight you’ll gain depends on a variety of factors, including your pre-pregnancy weight and diet. Most women should aim to gain between 25 and 35 pounds during pregnancy. However, if you’re underweight or overweight before getting pregnant, Dr. Madhu Goel, the best Gynaecologist in Delhi may recommend a different range of weight gain.
In any case, gaining too much or too little weight during pregnancy can be harmful to both mother and child. Gaining too much weight can lead to gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, and cesarean delivery. Gaining too little weight may cause problems for the baby, such as low birth weight or premature birth.
That’s why it’s important to work with your healthcare provider to come up with a healthy plan for gaining weight during pregnancy.
What Should Be Done To Gain Weight?
If you are an underweight mother, gaining weight during pregnancy is essential for both you and your baby. You may be worried about putting on too much weight, but it is important to remember that not gaining enough weight can also be harmful. Try to gradually add about 300-500 calories per day to your diet. Choose healthy foods that will help you gain weight without adding too many extra pounds. These include:
If you are underweight and pregnant, gaining weight is essential to the health of you and your baby. However, adding unhealthy foods to your diet in an attempt to gain weight can be harmful. Here are some healthy foods that can help you gain weight during pregnancy:
- Lean protein sources such as grilled chicken or fish, tofu, legumes, and eggs are a good way to add calories and nutrients to your diet.
- Whole grains such as brown rice or quinoa are a good source of fiber and vitamins. They will help keep you feeling full between meals.
- Healthy fats such as avocado, nuts, seeds, and olive oil are a great way to add extra calories to your diet. They also provide important nutrients for both you and your baby.
- Nutritional shakes or smoothies can be a great way to pack in some extra calories and nutrients. Try adding peanut butter, banana, or flaxseed oil to your shake for added protein and healthy fats.
Apart from consuming essential fats and nutrients, there are certain exercises you can do to ensure weight gain in a healthy way. You can try doing cardio exercises and lifting weights. Make sure that you are eating enough food as well. You may also want to see a doctor to make sure that you are gaining weight in a healthy way.
How To Keep Excess Weight Gain Under Control?
During pregnancy, it is important to keep your weight under control. While you are pregnant, you will gain weight, but if you are overweight when you become pregnant, you are more likely to gain too much weight. You don’t want to be one of the many mothers who struggle to lose their baby weight after giving birth. Here are some tips to help you keep your weight under control during pregnancy:
- Keep a food journal. This will help you track what you eat and how many calories you consume each day.
- Make healthy food choices. You don’t need to diet, but you should limit the number of sweets, fatty foods, and processed foods you eat. Try to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein.
- Get moving. Exercise is a great way to burn calories and stay in shape during pregnancy. Try walking, swimming, or prenatal yoga classes. Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day.
- Don’t overdo it. Keep it simple and do not put a lot of pressure on yourself.
Should You Consult A Gynecologist?
Weight gain during pregnancy is normal and expected, but if you are concerned that you are gaining too much weight, or, not gaining any weight at all, or that your weight gain is affecting your health or the health of your baby, it is important to speak with your doctor. Excessive weight gain can lead to a number of health problems for both mother and child, including gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, and birth defects. At the same time, being underweight could also lead to various difficulties post-pregnancy. So, if you are not already seeing a gynecologist regularly now may be a good time to start.
Why Choose Dr. Madhu?
Dr. Madhu Goel is the best Gynaecologist in Delhi and offers her patients the highest level of care. She has many years of experience in the field. Her practice is based on providing her patients with comprehensive, individualized care. She takes the time to listen to her patients and address their concerns. She is up-to-date on the latest medical advances and provides her patients with the most current information about their health. You can trust that they are in good hands when they see Dr. Madhu for their gynecological needs.
To consult her, book an appointment today!