8 important health tips for women over 30
It is not that we women love to neglect ourselves. We as women find it difficult to make time for ourselves even for the smallest things such as drinking lemon and honey water early morning. But now times have changed. Lifestyles have changed and women have become a little more aware of their health. However, we still have a long way to go to ensure that we women live a healthy and fulfilling life. More so when we are over 30, as that’s when we start having health-
related issues. So how do we ensure that we live a life that is healthy, fulfilling and full of vigour? We talked to two senior gynaecologists and they said that there are essentially 8 important health tips, which every woman over 30 must follow:
1. Health Precautions: According to Dr Ruby Sehra, HOD Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Sri Balaji Action Medical
Institute Delhi some of the most the important tips include health and diet precautions and watching out for hypertension
as those are the common issues with women.
8 important health tips for women over 30
A 30+ woman needs to be careful about all the issues listed below and should immediately report to her doctor if she feels
something is amiss. So as a woman over 30 you need to be cautious about:
- vaginal infections
- unwanted pregnancies
- hormonal imbalance
- new growth anywhere in the body
- blood sugar levels
These are some of the important health precautions that a woman over 30 should not only be aware of but also be prepared for to deal with them.
2. Diet Precautions: Apart from health precautions, women over 30 should also take necessary precautions in their diet.
She should be ensuring the following in her diet:
- protein rich
- low carbohydrate and fat consumption
- soya bean and its derivatives to be added in the diet
- few nuts like almonds and walnuts should be consumed in moderate quantities Further Isoflavones the diet with calcium, Isoflavons, and vitamin D and iron supplements.
- As the woman reaches her thirties, she starts experiencing bone density loss or osteoporosis. Hence e it is important that she takes calcium supplement and iron supplements as well.
Hypertension or high BP is another watch out in the women over 30. So it is advisable to go for regular BP checkups and
if there is a history of hypertension in the family, reduce intake of salt in your diet and avoid processed foods like chips.
4. Regular check ups
Apart from maintaining a healthy lifestyle, it is also imperative to go for regular medical check-ups. The regular check-ups
should be done once in a year. You may fix one date in the year – could be your birthday – and go for medical check-ups on
5. Symptoms that should not be ignored:
In addition to all the precautions that you are taking, there are certain symptoms that you should not ignore and visit a doctor if you experience any:
- irregular bleeding
- painful menstruation
- distension of abdomen
- sudden weight loss or weight gain
- excessive thirst
- frequent urination
- a throbbing headache
- These symptoms on their own may not be life threatening, but will still need a medical intervention just to rule out any illness.
- Another reason for you to go for your regular medical check-ups!
6. Generalised weakness and body aches
- Anaemia or low levels of Haemoglobin are another watches out for women not just over 30 but mostly throughout their lives.
- Women in India generally tend to have low levels of Haemoglobin, and as they age, the levels tend to fall further.
- Hence it is imperative for them to take a diet that is rich in iron like spinach, pomegranate, and broccoli among other foods along with iron supplements to meet the iron requirements of the body.
- Talking about Mammography, Dr Madhu Goel, Sr. consultant in Obstetrics and gynaecology at Fortis LA Femme says that Mammography (a specialised medical imaging that uses a low-dose X-ray to see inside the breasts) is quite important for women over 30, as it helps in early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases in women.
- She also emphasised on the importance of regular Pap Smear Test as you cross 40.
8. Regular Exercise
- Last but definitely not the least is regular exercise. Regular exercise ensures that you are fit and healthy. Hence any minor change would be easily visible to you and your doctor.
- Have a healthy and fulfilling life!
Original Source: Parentune.com