Tips for Diet in Pregnancy
- Eat small frequent regular meals. This will prevent acidity and heartburn. Do not skip a meal.
- RAINBOW DIET – The key to a good dietinpregnancy is variation in foodstuff. The variation will make sure that you get the required nutrients in your diet.
- Plenty of water – This prevents urine infection and constipation. It keeps the body hydrated
- Remember in the first 3 months no extra calories are required. So do not overeat. Nausea and vomiting are common in this period. Natural foods like ginger will help.
- Your diet should have plenty of fiber. You should eat fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and seeds. You can add choker and soybean atta to your roti flour.
- Avoid colas, excessive tea, coffee and carbonated drinksinpregnancy and breastfeeding period.
- No alcohol in pregnancy. Alcohol harms the baby and may cause birth defects in the baby.
- Avoid raw or lightly cooked eggs, pre-packed meats, and soft cheeses.
- Eat high-quality protein and complex carbohydrates.
- Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Choose healthy snacks and drinks during pregnancy.
- Try to eat freshly prepared veggies. Reheating reduces the nutrition content of the food
- Remember the food should be nutritious and easily digestible
- You should avoid eating fast foodinpregnancy as it is high in calories but devoid of nutrition.
- The food should be hygienically prepared and hence home cooked food is the best.