WHEN TO DO A PREGNANCY TEST
A pregnancy test is done after missed periods. – Some people try to check for pregnancy immediately after intercourse. But pregnancy test will give results only after missed periods.
An early morning urine sample is preferable but not essential for the test.
HOW TO DO THE PREGNANCY TEST
- Buy a good branded test card.
- Collect urine sample in a clean container.
- Read the instructions on the card carefully.
- Lay the test card on a flat surface.
- Put the required amount of urine in the well (usually 2- 5 drops).
- Wait for 5 minutes
- If there are 2 lines on the test card it is a positive test, that is you are pregnant.
- If there is only 1 line on the test card, under the C it is a negative test, that is there is no pregnancy
- The control line may be very light, this is usually due to early pregnancy.
- The test should be read within 5 minutes, otherwise, the results may be inaccurate. If the test card is left for some time, it may show a false positive result, hence the card should be read within 5 minutes.
- The container should be clean. It is advisable not to use a medicine bottle for collection of urine.
- If it is a negative test, wait for a week and repeat the pregnancy test. This is because sometimes there is a delayed conception which may be missed on an early pregnancy test.
- If there is confusion regarding the result of the test, you can either repeat the test after 1 week or get a blood test – serum beta hCG has done.
Original Source: https://drmadhugoel.needstreet.com/post/pregnancy-test/1219